Provides opportunities for Egyptian post-doctoral faculty members to conduct research at American institutions and for arts management professionals and academics to conduct academic research in the field of arts management.
GRANT DURATION: three to nine months.
ELIGIBLE FIELDS: ALL fields are eligible with the EXCEPTION of medical fields including clinical research.
· Research Grants: For scholars in the humanities, sciences, or social sciences to conduct academic research at American institutions.
· Arts Management Grants: Professionals and academics in the field of Arts
Management and administration to conduct academic research at American
· Egyptian citizenship; holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are
· Academic staff of an Egyptian university or research institute/center
· Professional and academic staff in the field of Arts Management,
holding an academic position at an Egyptian university or managerial
or administrative position in artistic institution e.g. museum, library, arts or
cultural center/Institute, or working/institute, etc...
· PH.D. for research grants
· B.A. or B.Sc. MFA or Ph.D. for Arts Management grants
· Excellent command of English
· Professional and excess baggage allowances
· Dependent allowance
· Medical insurance
Note: International travel is normally provided by grantee’s home institution.
· Announcement: April 7, 2017
· Application: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/
· Guidelines For AY2018-2019
· Deadline: July 13, 2017
· Personal Interviews: November and December, 2017
In-House Information Sessions: April 18, May 16 and June 13, 11:00 a.m. -
1:00 p.m. Attendance is by prior registration only through contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information please contact email@example.com or 33359717 / 33357978 (Ext. 136)
The 2017 Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Program will bring young professors from Egypt to U.S. institutions for faculty development, mentoring, and cultural exchange activities in the fields of Renewable Energy and Engineering, Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), and Public Health from July 5 through September 13, 2017. During this 10 week program, professors will be introduced to new teaching and research methods, observe classes, attend seminars, and develop linkages with American faculty through weekly mentoring sessions. On-going community engagement with university-identified host families, volunteers, or others in the broader local community will facilitate the professors’ participation in outreach activities, including visits to historical sites and attendance at cultural events. While introduction to new research methods in the scholars’ disciplines does constitute one component of the Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Program, the program is not intended to provide a venue for individual research projects.
The Fulbright Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
- Build higher education capacity in Egypt through faculty development and mentoring for junior professors.
- Foster long-term collaboration and institutional linkages between Egyptian and U.S. academics.
- Promote mutual understanding between Egyptians and Americans by facilitating the scholars’ engagement with the broader host campus community.
ELIGIBLE FIELDS (Applicants from Egypt can only apply in one of the following fields)
- Renewable Energy and Engineering (Solar, Wind, Hydro-electric, Biofuel, Geothermal): Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering as related specifically to Renewable Energy (does not include Petroleum or Nuclear energy/engineering fields).
- Public Health: Epidemiology, Nutritional Science, Health Care Administration, Family and Community Health, Occupational Health.
- TEFL/Linguistics: TEFL, TESOL, Linguistics (does not include literature, American literature, American studies).
- Resident and citizen of Egypt.
- U.S. citizens and holders of U.S. green cards/passports are ineligible.
- Full-time Egyptian faculty member at an Egyptian university or other institution of higher learning in Egypt (must be a degree granting institution, offering at least a bachelor’s degree).
- Must be residing in Egypt at the time of application submission and throughout the interview and selection phases leading up to the date of departure.
- Minimum of MA/MS degree with at least five years of university-level teaching experience, or a PhD and no more than five years of university-level teaching experience after having received the PhD degree.
- MA/MS degree holders currently enrolled in a doctoral program must possess at least three years of university-level teaching experience.
- Excellent command of English.
- Commitment to classroom teaching and desire to strengthen teaching and leadership skills.
- Scholar’s academic focus must be in one of the program’s offered academic discipline cohorts.
- Must be available to travel to the United States and participate for the duration of the program July 5 – September 13, 2017.
- Egyptian government officials are ineligible.
Preference will be given to applicants without significant experience in the United States.
- Administrative stipend.
- Travel allowance and professional development funds.
- Furnished, individual apartment-style housing.
- Travel and accommodations for a re-entry workshop to be hosted in Washington, D.C.
- Round-trip international airfare to the U.S.
- Accident and sickness insurance for the duration of the study program.
Dependents including spouses and children cannot accompany the scholar to the U.S. for this program.
The deadline to apply is DECEMBER 1, 2016
Important Application Information
- The application form will require personal information and a written statement of up to 3 pages in length.
- To ensure you submit a complete application, please follow the instructions carefully.
- You are not required to complete the application in one sitting; please make note of your login and password so you can return to the application.
- Once you submit the application, you are no longer allowed to make any changes to your information. You will be asked to provide information including, but not limited to:
- - Your preferred discipline-based cohort (Applicants may apply for one cohort only).
- - Educational background.
- - Current C.V.
- - An explanation of how your participation in this program would benefit you and your institution as a whole.
- - How you plan to implement what you will gain from this program upon returning to Egypt.
- - Three letters of reference (academic or professional, not personal).
Information Sessions will be held at the Fulbright Commission Office as follows: (21 Amer Street, Messaha, Dokki – Giza)
- Tuesday October 4, 2016 from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Monday October 17, 2016 from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Monday, November 7, 2016 from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Monday, November 14, 2016 from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Attendance is by prior registration only through contacting:
For additional information please contact: